The Department of Agronomy will offer Crop Production and Management Meetings at eight locations during 2012. Joe Lauer, Dan Undersander and Shawn Conley will present the latest information on hybrid/variety performance, an analysis and discussion of last year's growing season, and updated recommendations for field crop production.
The registration fee includes a meal and materials. Please pre-register with the Host Agent. A “walk-in” (Late) fee will be charged to those who have not preregistered. Additional information packets will be available for $18.00 each. Certified Crop Advisor CEU credits have been requested (2.5 hours in Crop Management). Below is a list of topics, meeting sites, dates and times. Please join us at meeting in your area.
2011 Wisconsin Hybrid Corn Performance Trials - Grain and Silage (A3653)
2011 Wisconsin Soybean Variety Test Results (A3654)
2011 Perennial Forage Variety Update for Wisconsin (A1525)
Small grain varieties for grain and forage in Wisconsin - 2011 (A3868)
Alfalfa germination and growth
Management of white mold in soybean
Agronomy Advice articles
Wisconsin Crop Improvement Association updates
- Performance of Roundup Ready alfalfa varieties
- Getting a stand – Alfalfa germination and growth
- Do we need to do tillage following soybean? The influence of residue management and planting date responses.
- Corn silage hybrids – What’s new and how are they performing?
- Soybean seed treatments: Quantifying profitability and separating active ingredients
- Do oats require intensive management?
Portage: Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 7:30 am
Fond du Lac: Tuesday, Jan. 3 at noon
Kimberly: Wednesday, Jan. 4 at 7:30 am
Wausau: Wednesday, Jan. 4 at noon
Eau Claire: Thursday, Jan. 5 at 7:30 am
Sparta: Thursday, Jan. 5 at noon
Janesville: Friday, Jan. 6 at 7:30 am
Belmont: Friday, Jan. 6 at noon
Please join us at a meeting in your area.To download the meeting brochure and registration information, click here.